December 1996 | 26 pages | PDF | 15MB
Ah, November. It's quite the month. While we here at Marvel understand that juicy turkeys, buckle-shoed pilgrims and professional football are all very exciting, we respectfully suggest that you put these notions in the back seat, fasten your safety belts and get ready for another month of pure, high-speed comic nirvana the way only the House of Ideas can deliver. Don't believe it?
- ULTIMATE ORIGINS #1 from Brian Michael Bendis and Butch Guice is a tale of mystery surrounding the Ultimate Universe's greatest heroes. Captain America and Wolverine share a history running deeper than anyone could have imagined and this is only the beginning!
- Annuals aren't only a summertime thing, folks! AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE ANNUAL #1, GHOST RIDER ANNUAL #1, IRON MAN ANNUAL #1 and MOON KNIGHT ANNUAL #1 all hit shelves in November. Oo-wee, that's a lot of great comics!
- Preparing for life without WORLD WAR HULK? Well Marvel's giving you the chance to put it off a little longer with WORLD WAR HULK: AFTERSMASH, a 64-page beauty written by the one and only Greg Pak, exploring the fate of Hulk and all the lives he, uh, touched.
- And if your taste for epic action hasn't been sated, Stephen King's DARK TOWER: THE GUNSLINGER BORN gets the hardcover collection treatment. Collecting issues #1-#7 of this supernatural, Western tour-de-force, this is the must-have book for November. Did we mention Stephen King? Just checking.
- Picking up where the X-MEN: MESSIAH COMPLEX one-shot left off, UNCANNY X-MEN #492, X-FACTOR #25, NEW X-MEN #44 and X-MEN #205 continue the story of Mutantkind's search for the first newborn mutant since M-Day!
- Not enough drama for you? Fine! "Spider-Man: One More Day," the epic Spidey tale illustrated by Marvel Editor-In-Chief Joe Quesada, ends in November's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #545, answering some heavy questions about the Web-Slinger in the process.
- Just when you thought the Phalanx were a thing of the past, ANNIHILATION: CONQUEST begins and things get ugly quick! This brand new installment comes on the heels of the CONQUEST prologue, four issues of NOVA and the QUASAR, STAR-LORD and WRAITH mini-series.
- Offering bleak visions of what could have been had heroes not prevailed, WHAT IF? ANNIHILATION details alien invasions and evil galactic conquerers having their way with our galaxy and humanity. See what could have been!
- He's baaaaack! Yes, CAPTAIN MARVEL #1 is here, with one of Marvel's most beloved heroes making his return via a mini-series and a dash of time travel. But things get dicey when Captain Marvel can see his own death on the horizon. Look out!
- HOUSE OF M gave comic fans a chance to see an alternate Marvel universe, one ruled by mutants. But where do the Avengers fit into all of this? Luke Cage might have some answers in HOUSE OF M: AVENGERS #1.